Sentinel is software for the management of structural and geotechnical monitoring. Sentinel is a proprietary software of Pizzi Instruments srl and allows data to be imported from Pizzi Instruments dataloggers, such as CUM3000 or DEC3000, and from other dataloggers on the national and international market.
Sentinel enables the management of data directly and locally on a PC or via the internet if installed on a cloud server, permitting remote assistance by operators, designers and technicians.
Sentinel is a management, analysis and data storage programme. In addition to importing data from many automated systems, it allows the manual insertion of single or multiple data files, custom configurations, the creation of dedicated user accounts with selective authorisation for operations and the representation of data in numerical, tabular and graphical form.
On purchase of the Sentinel package, the user has complete control of the program. It is possible to create projects, edit, add and remove sensors and vary system configurations at any time, simply by connecting to the internet.
Each work screen can include photos, sections and customized maps from which it is possible to access the various measuring sensors.
By selecting a sensor, its measurement history and relative states of alarm can be viewed. Navigation of numerical tables is facilitated by multiple selection filters. By selecting one or more measuring sensors, graphs can be created for entire work periods or periods of time defined by the user. Measurements can be selected directly on the graphs; average, maximum, minimum, derivative values within a specific interval of time, variance, standard deviation, are calculated automatically.
As monitoring software, Sentinel allows the setting of warning thresholds and alarms for each sensor and configuration for sending e-mail alerts to authorized operators.
Data collected in automatic or programmed mode is organized into a powerful database which allows easy processing, also after the data has been acquired.
Data is returned in numeric tables for individual sensors, for groups or for the overall system and can be organized according to date/time, instrument name, type or location, etc.
The graphics section also allows rapid data analysis in visual form.
Groups of 1 to 6 sensors in the same family can be recalled and the data combined into one graph. Where instruments belong to two different families, for example piezometers and water level meters, data for the same time period is shown in 2 separate graphs, allowing easy comparison.
The program also allows the creation and setting of virtual channels, created by combining several instruments.
The ability to insert images correlated to the positioning of instruments and the realiusation of a synoptic panel, permits the creation of operating configurations which are quick and easy to manage, making the monitoring system simple and effective.
The Sentinel software has been created for the need of our clients to manage geotechnical and structural monitoring systems of varying complexity, for a number of sensors ranging from a few to hundreds.
The software allows the easy management of the monitoring of dams, bridges, viaducts, tunnels, buildings, historical works, embankments and any other large or small works.
Due to its versatility, it can be installed locally on a PC and connected to the acquisition units by serial cable or via internet using a modem. Alternatively, it can be installed on the server or via cloud space and communication with the data acquisition units takes place over the internet via modem.
Features and Benefits
- Easy to use
- Compatible with all versions of Windows still maintained
- Installation locally on PC, via servers or cloud space
- Possibility of custom configurations
- Management of users with password
- Multi-plant management
- Ability to perform real-time measurement
- Automatic data download for single sensors, groups or entire data logger
- Insertion of maps, sections and custom designs
- Backup of data
- Identification of critical measures and changes to acquisition frequency
- Setting of warning thresholds and alarms and sending of email alerts
- Exporting of .csv files
- Importing of files
- Storage of documents in a dedicated folder
- Dual language: Italian and English
- Tabular data
- Data conversion to graphs
- Performs mathematical functions directly from graphics
- System monitoring functions
In order to make navigation simple and intuitive for users, the Sentinel software is divided into three main functions:
– DATABASE: allows management of the database functions, creation of clients and installations data, synoptic configuration and custom maps, configuration of data loggers to be acquired, measurement channels, alarms and backup of the data
– MONITORING: allows numerical and graphical display of data, and execution of mathematical functions, data acquisition by automatic download or real-time measurement, importing of single and mutiple manual measurements, monitoring of data acquisition.
– CUMPROG: allows configuration of Pizzi Instruments automatic acquisition unit CUM3000.
It allows the user to remotely configure and make programming changes to the acquisition units on site.
Minimum Installation Requirements
Operating system: Windows 7, 8, 10
Processor: 1.9 GHz
Communication port : Ethernet and RS232
RAM: 2 GB
If you have any requests or questions about our instruments or if you have special needs that require different solutions from the standard, please contact us. Our team will provide all the necessary information and will be very happy to work with you to study, develop and customize instruments and solutions suitable for your specific needs.
All information in our datasheet is subject to change without prior notice.
Please check the datasheet/details carefully and contact Pizzi Instruments for further information.